So filthy weather didn’t prevent a full house for the first ever Irish Blog Awards. The categories were,
- Best fictional piece in a blog : Won by Annette from Thinking Out Loud
- best Comment/Commenter: Won by Kevin Breathnach
- Best Technology Blog/Blogger : Won by Tom Raftery
- Best Use of the Irish Language in a Blog : won by An tImeall
- Best Political Blog: Won by Slugger O’Toole
- Most Humourous Post: Won By Twenty Major – New York Diary
- Best Arts and Culture Blog : Won By Sinead Gleeson
- Best Group Blog: Won by The Community At Large
- Best Photo Blog: Won by Donnacha O’Caoimh
- Best Personal Blog: Won by Annette Thinking Out Loud
- Best Contribution to the Irish Bloggersphere (Blogosphere sp. ed?): Won by Roger Galligan (Irishblogs.ie)
- Best Blog Post: Twenty Major – New York Diary
- Best Blog/Blogger: Twenty Major
The night was weird for a number of reasons. Firstly most people had never met in person, secondly it was mile after mile of crazily gorgeous looking women, thirdly it seemed to die after the awards with many people exiting very quickly.
I can’t help feeling the very radical and personal nature of blogging needs a different format. This is not a critcism of Damien who gets all kudos for a great night, more the fact that we as participants were too for passive in this particular event.
My take on the night was it was a complete success, but loose the raffle guys , even if I did win a wireless router (thanks and god bless pink 35), it was very village hall, very bingo.
Final bit of info, the guy who picked up Twenty Major’s awards told me his name, and if you want to know it, go ask him yourself 🙂