Hot House 12 launches at the PDC (East Wall Road)
Below is an invite to the latest Hot House program. I will be completing this program in October and I can highly recommend it to anybody trying to start a company in Dublin.
PDC Accepting Applications for Hothouse 12
Good afternoon All,
Just a quick email to let you know that PDC is now accepting applications for our twelfth Hothouse programme which will begin on Thursday September 21st. If you know of anyone who the Programme might benefit Iâ€™d be grateful if you would forward this information on to them.
Hothouse is a 12-month support and incubation programme aimed at graduate entrepreneurs with a knowledge-intensive technology-based innovative idea and with plans to develop and grow a business which will trade globally. There are 16 places available.
Very briefly the supports that are provided through Hothouse are as follows:
- Incubation space here in Docklands Innovation Park, free of charge for the duration of the Programme
- A series of twelve 2-day workshops in a variety of areas ranging from strategic business planning to marketing, raising investment to intellectual property issues. The sessions are facilitated by industry experts and are practical in nature, using participant businesses as working case studies
- Student training grant of â‚¬550 per month for each of the 12 months
- Business counseling â€“ participants are allocated a mentor to work with them in a strategic capacity
- Access to the wider PDC network â€“ PDC have been delivering programmes such as Hothouse for over 15 years
- The opportunity to apply for CORD funding from Enterprise Ireland, which can be worth up to 50% of their previous yearâ€™s salary up to a maximum of â‚¬38,000
- A structured evaluation process helping participants to prepare and deliver a strong business plan and the opportunity to graduate with a Post-graduate Diploma in New Business Development conferred by the Dublin Institute of Technology, subject to submission of a business plan at the end of the year that reaches a certain standard
- Access to DIT resources and expertise
Applicants are required to submit a short business proposal, approx. 8 – 12 pages, outlining their business proposition and providing information about their target market, competition, revenue model and key milestones moving forward. We also require a copy of their own CV and would be grateful if they could provide short bios of other team members, where relevant. Applications should be submitted by e-mail to me at this address.
For further information you can check out http://www.pdc.ie/development/startup/outline.asp. If you have any further questions please let me know.