I found this page tonight with a bunch of old saws, but good ones all the same. I particularily like this one by Deming which predates agile programming, but could have been written for it….
Deming’s 14 points
- Create constancy of purpose.
- Adopt the new philosophy.
- Cease dependence on mass inspection to achieve quality.
- Minimize total cost, not initial price of supplies.
- Improve constantly the system of production and service.
- Institute training on the job.
- Institute leadership.
- Drive out fear.
- Break down barriers between departments.
- Eliminate slogans, exhortations, and numerical targets.
- Eliminate work standards (quotas) and management by objective.
- Remove barriers that rob workers, engineers, and managers of their right to pride of workmanship.
- Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement.
- Put everyone in the company to work to accomplish the transformation.