IN the 1970’s my father ran a newsagent in Artane Dublin (one of his many careers!).Â We sold all these things at a fantastic rate, where are they now?
- Boiled sweets dished out from glass jars into quarter pound bags
- Slices of ice cream cut and served between wafers straight from the fridge
- Individual cigarettes
- Packets of safety razors (just the blades, of course you have a razor!)
- Broken bits of various cadbury’s products sold by the quarter pound
- Hapenny chews sold at 4 for a pre-decimal hapenny
- Large bottles of red lemonade