Well here we are again, three years in a row. This could become an institution. Big Crowd and lots of movers and shakers, next year black tie and a meal? Who knows.
The man behind the Curtain Damien Mulley seems calm and that’s a pretty good sign. Conn Ã“ MuÃneachÃ¡in is live streaming the awards at http://edgecast.ie, sound is rocking and the big screens are clear and close.
- Best Pop Culture Blog : Rick O’Shea, the Half Arsed Blog
- Best Blog from a Journalist : Shane Hegarty, Present Tense
- Best Food/Drink Blog: Italian Foodies
- Best Crafts Blog : A Simple Yarn
- Arts an Culture Blog: Sinead Gleeson: The Sigla Blog
- Best Political Blog : Irish Election
- Best Group Blog: Beaut.ie
- Best use of Irish Language in a blog : TDB
- Best Technology Blog: Robin Blandford, Bytesurgery
- Best Designed Blog : Sabrina Dent
- Best Sports and Recreation Blog: ArseBlog
- Best News/Current Affairs Blog: The Limerick Blog and Maman Poulet (tied)
- Best Specialist Blog: The Voyage
- Best Newcomer: John Bray
- Best Business Blog: Ciaran Murphy, Ice Cream Ireland
- Best Music Blog : Nialler9
- Special Award : Simon McGarr
- Another Special Recognition Award: Ryan (for photographs)
- Final special Award : Rick O’Shea
- Best Personal Blog: HeadRambles, Grannymar (a tie)
- Most Humorous Post: Twenty Major
- Best Photo Blog: GingerPixel
- Best Blog Post: Fat Mammy Cat
- Best Blog : Twenty Major
Thats all folks. Its party time.
4 thoughts on “The Irish Blog Awards 2008”
thanks for the updates Joe 🙂
Yes, thanks for updating! There are blogs there I’ve never visited. Must change that.
Joe here are the photos: http://pix.ie/explore/tag/irishblogawards