The Hothouse Venture Programme is a year-long comprehensive support and incubation programme for graduate entrepreneurs with industry experience and a technology-based business idea. There are 16 places available on each Programme. Participants must have left full-time employment and be working full-time on developing their new business. The programme offers participants a number of supports including:
Incubation space in the entrepreneurial environment of Docklands Innovation Park on East Wall Road
- Management development training facilitated by industry experts
- Strategic business counselling
- Access to an extensive enterprise and investment network
- Access to the resources of DIT, including technologies to licence, student teams, facilities such as lab space and equipment
- The opportunity to be conferred with a CPD post-graduate diploma in New Business Development
- Access to grant funding through Enterprise Ireland CORD grant which could provide you with up to 50% of your previous year’s salary paid to you on a monthly basis over the course of the Programme.
The guideline requirements for this grant are
- Potential to have turnover of €1million and 10 employees within three years
- Have strong export potential
- Have some new or unique technology
Please click here for further information about the Programme.
Hothouse 18 will commence on Thursday 24th September 2009. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday 31st July. We will be interviewing applicants over the course of July and August and making final decisions before the end of August, in order that those that may need to give notice at a current job have ample time to work out their notice period. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the Programme in more detail please contact Sara at 01 2401 307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the Hothouse Venture programme, click here.